James Construction safely rehabilitated and reconstructed this antiquated sanitary sewer system. Open cut excavation in areas of unclearly marked underground utilities and in close proximity to an active student body made safety considerations and extensive coordination vital.
The sanitary sewer system dates to 1913 when the facility was constructed as a tuberculosis hospital. Sanitary lines are terra cotta and the manholes are brick. Eight manholes were rehabilitated with a Cementitous Lining System, others were removed and 17 new manholes were added. 951 lineal feet of pipe was removed and replaced and another 2,073 lineal feet of pipe was cured-in-place. Work was performed under adverse weather conditions, commencing in December and ending in August.
James Construction completed the project with landscape restoration and Quality Control dye testing of buildings on time and within budget.