Winning the Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence in an industry such as general construction contracting is a testament to our employees’ commitment and a genuine reminder to our clients that we are committed to providing them the assurance of a safe and structured project. James Construction is honored to be a 2010 award winner and one of only three construction companies across Pennsylvania to win this award since it began in 1997.
The Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence is a highly competitive award which recognizes successful employer-employee safety programs that produce tangible safety improvements.
Safety Record Highlights
- Committed to safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Zero incident rate since 2007
- No lost workdays since 2000
- No environmental incidents
- Recognized by the Department of the Navy for completing the Safety Through Awards Recognition (STAR) program
- PennSafe Workplace Safety Committee Certification every year since 2004
Safety is our #1 Priority.
James has developed a comprehensive, proactive safety program which
- strategic safety planning
- comprehensive safety training
- vigorous safety enforcement
- clear communication
- vigilant oversight
To facilitate the administration of our safety program on all projects, we perform weekly job site inspections, weekly and monthly safety trainings and review our company-wide safety rules with all our subcontractors.
Winning the Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence in an industry such as general construction is a testament to our employees dedication to safe practices and a genuine reminder to our clients that we are committed to providing them the assurance of a safe and structured project.